Quote:> Okay, so I need to update XFree86 to 188.8.131.52
> Where is the file(s) for this and how do I actually install them. I'm
> running a dual system Win95/Redhat. I found one site that said I need all
> these files (about 30-40 of them) and another site that listed one. Bit
1) Check which XFree packages you already have installed:
rpm -q -a | grep XFree
On my machine (also RH5.2), this returns:
On your box, obviously, the version numbers are most likely 184.108.40.206.
2) ftp updates.redhat.com (or one of the mirrors listed at
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors.html), and download the 220.127.116.11 packages.
3) From the directory to which you downloaded the files,
rpm -Uvh --force XFree*
This must be done as root.
4) Also as root, run XF86Setup, pick the SVGA server, and specify the amount
of RAM the board has (see http://www.xfree86.org/18.104.22.168/MGA.html for more
5) startx, and all should be well.
Department of Biomedical Engineering