Maxtor 98196H8 Hard disk size wrong

Post by Jon William » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 14:17:41

Maxtor 98196H8 Hard disk size wrong

Post by Giles C Hjort-Tyso » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 13:33:08

Check the drive for a jumper.  Many large drives have a jumper to force
32GB mode for compatibility with older motherboards.  Alternativly,
upgrade the BIOS on your motherboard.

> I have a box with an FIC FD-11 (with via ide) mobo that can't seem to
> get my ~80 gig disk to detect bigger than ~33 gigs.

1. Hard Disk Jumper Question on Maxtor IDE as second disk

I just picked up a new system and wanted to add my old Maxtor
7213AT (203Mb) as a second IDE disk. Since I have no documentation
I was wondering if someone out there had run this drive as a 2nd
disk. Is there a jumper to set in order to get this drive to act like
a second disk?

The current system is a packard bell pentium system with dual IDE
connectors, one for standard IDE, one for PCI IDE. The primary drive
is a seagate 1080Mb running off the PCI connector. The docs seem to
indicate that each connector can handle two disks.

+-Erik Kleinbussink ------------------------------------+

|                                                       |
|                                                       |

2. internet address port forward local network...

3. maxtor hard drive format problem on solaris - max cylinder size?

4. Motorola Sm56 Modem Drivers

5. 36 GB Maxtor Hard disk install HELP!!

6. SUN Solaris 2.5 and 2.6

7. Maxtor Hard Disk Problems

8. Xlogin and linux

9. Q:MAXTOR Hard Disk

10. Maxtor 1.2M IDE hard disk

11. Maxtor Hard Disk for Win95 only ?!!

12. 120GB Maxtor 4G120J6 Hard Disk support

13. Does anyone have Maxtor Hard disk 30 go who has a problem to install Red Hat?