BogoMips, IBM ThinkPad 560 & 3C589 PCMCIA net adapter

1. Problem with IBM Thinkpad 560 and Raven PCMCIA CD-ROM

Hi,

I have installed Slackware 3.3 with kernel 2.0.30 on an IBM Thinkpad
560. It contains 2 PCMCIA cards, slot 0 has a Megahertz
ethernet/faxmodem card and slot 1 contains a RAVEN CDNOTE 4X PCMCIA SCSI
card. When I boot from the diskette using pcmcia.gz image, the cd rom is
detected and I was able to install Linux from the CD. After rebooting, I
get no response from SCSI controller 0, drive 0..and my system hangs.
The CD is set to Address 5, even when changing to address 0 it doesn't
help. If I reboot from the diskette and mount my hard drive, then remove
the /etc/rc.d/rc.pcmcia file, reboot then I do not get the error.
Obviously I no longer have PCMCIA support!
What is the bare.i, pcmcia.gz images on the diskette doing differently
than the installed kernel?

The I/O address of the card is 230 with IRQ 10. Windows 95 sees this as
a RAVEN KXLC002 pcmcia card and linux sees it as a Qlogic card.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Rob

2. Sony Startupl of 8.0 Problem

3. 5.1 on IBM Thinkpad 560 and IBM CDROM

4. XLock older version

5. IBM Thinkpad 750Cs, Linux 1.1.20, and pcmcia 3c589

6. RAM size.........

7. thinkpad 560 - problem with SCSI PCMCIA

8. File limits??

9. Thinkpad 560 / PCMCIA Cdrom problem

10. Linux on a IBM ThinkPad 560

11. IBM Thinkpad 560 and X

12. Newbie: IBM Thinkpad 560 and Xfree86 3.2

13. THINKPAD IBM 560 APM