NEC CDR-260 Help needed...

Post by John F. Reev » Mon, 24 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I have a proprietary NEC CDR-260 on my Dell Pentium system,
that I would like to get working with Linux.  Apparently the
supplied drivers with Linux for the IDE CDR-260 don't work
on my proprietary drive (nice naming scheme NEC).  Anyway,
I read in the CDROM-HowTo, that there was a Kernel patch
available for the proprietary CDR-260, but I was unable
to find it in the /pub/Linux/kernal/patches/cdrom directory.
Instead there are two version of the IDE CDR-260 kernel patches.
Is the HOWTO wrong, or am I looking in the wrong location?

In any case, if anyone know how I might get this CD-ROM working,
I would appreciate the help.

NEC CDR-260 Help needed...

Post by SNY.. » Tue, 25 Apr 1995 04:00:00

   I have a proprietary NEC CDR-260 on my Dell Pentium system,
   that I would like to get working with Linux.  Apparently the

The ATAPI driver in version 1.2 of the kernel should work
with the nec260.  See drivers/block/README.ide.

Make sure your drive is jumpered correctly; i believe Dell has had
a history of shipping systems with a cdrom alone on the secondary
bus jumpered as `slave'.

sss

1. Need help with NEC CDR-260 CD ROM drive

I would like to hear from anyone who got the NEC CD-ROM  to work.
I got Scott Snyder's patch, but have had no luck with it.

I am running on a Pentium 90 Gateway machine.

Thanks
siddharth

--
Time Flies like an arrow,
Fruit Flies like a banana.

2. "Standards" and Development environment

3. need old NEC CDR-260 driver

4. help: bus error (Mandrake8.0)

5. Need driver for Nec CDR-260

6. KPPP on KDE 2.1 locks frequently?

7. NEC CDR-250 (not CDR-260!) Success Story

8. TTMKFDIR

9. Help! NEC CDR-260 CDROM not working

10. Help with a Nec CDR-260

11. Help with NEC CDR-260!