RedHat 3.0.3 + EATA-DMA = No go

Post by al.. » Thu, 24 Oct 1996 04:00:00

   I have a DPT PM2022/95a that isn't initializing with the (appropriate)
boot disk from my Caldera Network Desktop CD. "HBA at (insert address here)
did not respond to INQUIRE - Sorry"

   Is there an alternate bootdisk? I am fairly well read on the
difficulties of combining DPT SCSI hosts with 1.2.13 kernels, but oddly
enough Debian 0.93r6 didn't complain at all. I am using IRQ 15 edge and
BIOS is enabled at D800, secondary boot address.

 - Eric

1. Any idea on EATA-DMA support on Redhat 4.0??

I have been running a DPT PM3224A RAID 5 Controller on Slackware for over a
year but tried to upgrade to Redhat 4.0 (i386).

It claims to have EATA-DMA support which is what this controller runs as.
Yet, during the install, it does the autoprobe to find the controller then
comes back with a Kernel Panic... Unable to find device.  I have tried
several different options with no success.

Any ideas???

Tony

2. How can I install a defined AIX fix level?

3. Possible EATA-DMA SCSI/SMP/Cyrix 6x86 boot crash on 2.1.30?

4. Fix clash from XFS vs module.h

5. ELF and EATA-DMA

6. I have problem whith portmapper

7. EATA-DMA Drivers

8. How to make Linux Proxy for 2nd host

9. EATA-DMA Broken in 2.1.X

10. Red Hat 2.1 support of EATA DMA SCSI controller

11. Going, going, going, GONE! Bye Windows!

12. PDC20262 IDE - DMA no go?