Internal ADSL modems - 2.4 support?

Post by Chris Mitchel » Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:40:50

G'day,

Does anyone know of any internal ADSL modems with 2.4 kernel support? Only
ones ive been able to find have only 2.2 modules.

cheers,

Chris

Internal ADSL modems - 2.4 support?

Post by Juha Laih » Wed, 03 Apr 2002 04:31:16

Quote:>Does anyone know of any internal ADSL modems with 2.4 kernel support? Only
>ones ive been able to find have only 2.2 modules.

Doesn't seem promising. Mostly, the internal ADSL modems appear to be
similar to WinModems, i.e. much of the functionality and processing is
done using the host CPU. One drawback with this is that much of the
intellectual property of the manufacturer resides in the driver. And
thus, the driver (or even specs for a driver) cannot be made public.
So, the drivers will not end up in generic kernels, and new versions
will come when/if the hardware vendors have some extra time to support
"a minority OS".
--
Wolf  a.k.a.  Juha Laiho     Espoo, Finland

1. Internal Modem on X86 2.4

I am currently running Solaris X86 with an internal 28800 baud modem.  However I am not having any luck getting the system to recognize it.  The modem is setup write because my DOS partition is able to use it properly...

I have "Celeste's Guide to Terminals & Modems under Solaris 2.x" but this is not useful for allowing the system to recognize it.

It is currently setup at COM3.  I also have a COM2 and COM1.  COM1 is currently being used my the mouse(which is working in openwin), com2 is currently not in use.  In the admintool I am getting only one port to configure and when I configure it, using admintool or "Celeste's Guide to Terminals & Modems under Solaris 2.x", but it is not working.  I am assuming that the port that it is allowing me to configure is COM2 not COM3(my internal modem).

Does Anyone have a solution to this problem?

2. problem mounting cdrom once linux is running -- more information

3. Solaris X86 2.4 Internal Modem Problem

4. Ongoing development on the DAC960 driver?

5. 3COM INTERNAL ADSL ADAPTER WHEN WILL BE SUPPORTED IN LINUX?.

6. barcode generation

7. Advice: Linux + ADSL - internal or external modem (ANT?)

8. Netscape 4.05 - cyrillic in input boxes

9. internal ADSL modem 3com

10. internal daewoo adsl modem

11. Internal ADSL Modems

12. internal adsl modem