USB keyboard and Puppy Linux

Post by Tim Buchana » Thu, 04 Mar 2004 16:24:32

Hi all. I have just downloaded Puppy Linux and burnt it to CD to try
Linux out, as i have never used it before, and want to learn the basics
before repartitioning my HD. Puppy started fine, but it wouldn't let my
keyboard work to select which country keyset i wish to use. i am
assuming this is because the keyboard is USB? I shall go out and
purchase a PS/2 model in the meantime, does anyone know if it is
possible to use the USB keyboard under Puppy? Also, are there any
smallish distributions that run in ramdisk that do support USB keyboards?

Thanks for your help

Timbo

1. Problems with a USB keyboard and a PS2 mouse chained to the keyboard

I cannot get my my PS2 Mouse that is chained to my USB keyboard to
work.  The keyboard works fine, but no mouse movement.  Hitting mouse
buttons generates keyboard.c errors, so the I/O is getting thru.

I'm running RedHat Linux 7.1, kernel 2.4.3-12.

I've tried running mouseconfig and set the mouse to be a type of USB.
When this happens, I get XFree errors when I try to start the
X-server.

I get no mouse in console mode either.

How does one configure a chained mouse with a USB keyboard in Linux?

2. PLIP transfer method 1

3. MB without keyboard controller / USB-only keyboard ?

4. zip/unzip for Unix

5. Happy Hacking keyboard + USB KVM == strange keyboard layout

6. linuxppc 7200 boot problems

7. PS/2 keyboard idetified as USB keyboard

8. linux as router - problem

9. USB keyboard/mouse with USB/KVM switch?

10. Interesting USB problem: attaching a stupid usb mouse to Pro Keyboard

11. Puppy Linux

12. gated.conf, Does anyone have this puppy working on a linux box.

13. ANN: Puppy Linux v0.2 released, boots off a CDROM