Red Hat Mother's Day 1.0 Boot Disk?

Post by The Captai » Thu, 28 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I need a boot disk that supports the Adaptec 2940 for the mother's day
release.  The only one I have gives me this:

Unable to fill buffer.

                      -System Halted

Thanks.

Red Hat Mother's Day 1.0 Boot Disk?

Post by Ron Ho » Fri, 29 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Quote:

>I need a boot disk that supports the Adaptec 2940 for the mother's day
>release.  The only one I have gives me this:

>Unable to fill buffer.

>                      -System Halted

>Thanks.

Yes - others have seen this problem too.  I don't know what's wrong with
that image.  If a 1.2.13 kernel is OK for you, you can try the one that
comes with RHCL 2.0 in "redhat-2.0/images/2940/2940.img" on one of the
Red Hat mirrors (ftp.pht.com, ftp.caldera.com, etc).  There is a README
that comes with this image.  You will need an iBCS module to match this
kernel if that is important to you.

I've booted with this kernel image and it seems to work OK.  It takes a
while to boot because it probes for several Ethernet cards and CDROMs.

Ron

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Chrsh and httpd.conf

3. Help - Red Hat Rescue boot disks aren't working.

4. Please help with intermittent ethernet problem

5. Red Hat setup 4.1 won't create a boot disk

6. printers

7. Red Hat 5.1 can't create boot disk

8. GhostScript broken with Canon BJ10 and Sheetfeeder?

9. Boot disk crashes booting Red hat 5

10. Boot failed message with RED Hat boot disk !

11. Red Hat 6.2, Highpoint HPT366: installs fine, won't boot stopping at 'LI'

12. Red Hat's Linux Application CD which ships with Red Hat Professional Server Version 7

13. Disk Druid installs '/' to incorrect hard drive (Red Hat 6.1)