Canon BJC-620 and BJC-50 printers

Post by Bob Niels » Mon, 22 Jun 1998 04:00:00

On Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:48:07 GMT,

>I own a BJC-620 printer. It works in Win95, but it needs software that is
>only available for win95 to work. It seems to use alot of cycles of the
>computer when  it is printing. Is this one of those printers that won't work
>with linux. I also have a IBM laserprinter that works just fine. I am
>thinking about using the canon Bjc-620 with linux. Does anyone know how to
>get it to work?

> Second question, has anyone got the Canon -BJC-50 printer to work with linux?
>It is the new really small printer for use with laptops.

The BJC-600 driver in Ghostscript should work.  You might want to try it
with apsfilter or magicfilter.

--

DM42nh                      http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen

1. portable Canon BJC-70, BJC-50,BJC-80 printers

I'm looking for a portable printer (i.e. small for notebook) that I can
use off of Linux.  I was about to get the HP 340 which apparently
is supported by some Ghostscript driver, when I found out that
the Canon printers are even smaller and the BJC-70 is supported
by Ghostscript as well.  However, it looks like the latest portable
printers from Canon are the BJC-50 and the BJC-80.  Does anyone know
if these printers can be made to work on Linux as well?

I looked at the printer page http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/printer.html
but that page is almost 3 months old and it's no wonder that these
new printers don't appear.

Andrew

2. Unix Quota command

3. Canon BJC-50 printer

4. nntpget error 437

5. CANON BJC-620 at 720 dpi

6. Microsoft upgraded by SG Cowen

7. CANON BJC-620 drivers

8. is there any way to specifiy a prefered loading address for a shared object.

9. Canon BJC-620 (and the filters from Hell...)

10. Canon Bjc-620

11. Canon BJC-620 under Linux?

12. Cannon BJC-620 Printer

13. Cannon BJC-620 printer