Support for DAT autoloaders ?

Post by Dean Carpent » Fri, 14 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm getting my hands on a Compaq oem'd DAT dds2 autoloader.  Any ideas on
what sort of support there is for a beast like this ?  I would assume it
will show up as just another tape device, eg. /dev/st1, but how will I
utilize the autoloader funtions ?

--
Dean Carpenter

Post by Dave Clo » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>I'm getting my hands on a Compaq oem'd DAT dds2 autoloader.  Any ideas on
>what sort of support there is for a beast like this ?  I would assume it
>will show up as just another tape device, eg. /dev/st1, but how will I
>utilize the autoloader funtions ?

Check sunsite.unc.edu for scsi-changer-0.01.tar.gz. I haven't been able
to try it yet myself since it requires a version 2 kernel and I haven't
upgraded. If you try it on the DAT autoloader, please post your results.
--
Dave Close, Compata, Costa Mesa CA  "Politics is the business of getting

Post by Gary Swearinge » Sun, 16 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> >I'm getting my hands on a Compaq oem'd DAT dds2 autoloader.  Any ideas on
> >what sort of support there is for a beast like this ?  I would assume it
> >will show up as just another tape device, eg. /dev/st1, but how will I
> >utilize the autoloader funtions ?

Check sunsite.unc.edu system/backup/dds2tar-2.4.12.tar.gz

Support for DAT autoloaders ?

Post by b.. » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Check sunsite.unc.edu for scsi-changer-0.01.tar.gz. I haven't been able
>to try it yet myself since it requires a version 2 kernel and I haven't
>upgraded. If you try it on the DAT autoloader, please post your results.

Can you give us a full URL to this? Thanks!

Post by david parso » Sat, 22 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>I'm getting my hands on a Compaq oem'd DAT dds2 autoloader.  Any ideas on
>what sort of support there is for a beast like this ?  I would assume it
>will show up as just another tape device, eg. /dev/st1, but how will I
>utilize the autoloader funtions ?

 Leonard Zubkoff has written a changer-mt program (mtx, available on
 ftp://ftp.dandelion.com/, though currently in beta test) that may do
 the job.  I've got an archive/conner/seagate dds2 changer that is
 perfectly happy to talk to his program, and it may be that yours will
 do so as well.

               ____

                \/