Kernel 2.2.2 VS Busmouse

Post by Daniel Thivierg » Tue, 09 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I just finish upgrading form kernel 2.0.36 to 2.2.2.  I had an old functional
logitech busmouse under 2.0.36, but, when I upgraded to 2.2.2 my mice stop
working.  I have configure the kernel for a none serial mouse and selected the
Logitech bus mouse in the mice section.

Does anyone know how I can get the mice working again?  If that can help, I am
using SUSE 6.0 distribution.

Also, I am getting an error with can not locate module char-major-14!  I have
no idea what that suppose to mean...

Thanks.

1. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

        Every machine and operating system has got its useful
purpose...

        I see no point in argueing with people which OS is better, and
which is worse, and what will survive and what wont...

        The bottom line is obviously the best OS is the one that make
the end user most productive.    Ive used quite a variety of software
from intel, ibm, MS, sun, GNU, DEC/compaq, etc,   and everything OS
has got its UPz and DOWnz, so depending on what you want to do with it
yer machine, probably determines what OS you run.

        So lets cut to the chase -  OS bashing is a waste of time,
and most of the time I'd say the person putting it down just hasn't
seen that particular OS's potential,  or should I say speciality....

      Hell,  Plan 9 has even got some interesting features.. <snicker>

       And all PC users know,  that no matter what use on a day to day
basis on the PC, that one day you will need to boot good ole ancient
DOS to do something...

2. Serial Port Terminal

3. My Adventures in Mouseland (or when is a busmouse not a busmouse...)

4. ppp is there but it's not there

5. BUSMICE - can't find ATI busmouse

6. Not running in graphics-capable virtual console?

7. Logitech pulls a fast one with there Mouseman II 'buhs' mouse (mice, busmouse, busmice)

8. XFree86 4.1.0 problem

9. BUSMICE-DELL P133 PS/2 Busmouse not working in X

10. SLS 0.98p1 vs Logitech Busmouse (death via wake_up())

11. aha1542, module vs kernel, kernel doesn't work, need kernel

12. Perfomance: tar vs ftp vs rsync vs cp vs ?

13. Slackware vs SuSE vs Debian vs Redhat vs ....