ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Luc Hollan » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have an AMD K6-2 266, and after trying to setup RedHat 5.1, I can't get
setup to detect a SCSI bus with an installed Adaptec 152X controler card.
Anything special I need to do to get this recognized?

ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Sven Zeisber » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have the same problem. I have an AMD K6-2 333 and an Adaptec AVA-1505 ISA
bus scsi controler (AIC-6360 PIO Chip). Linux (SuSE 5.3, Kernel 2.0.35)
can't find this card. It works fine using DOS.

I've read abaout wrong interrupt labeling on some of these cards. The list
(I12..I09) is simply turned upside down. However this ist not the problem
in my case.

Any further suggestions ?

Quote:> I have an AMD K6-2 266, and after trying to setup RedHat 5.1, I can't get
> setup to detect a SCSI bus with an installed Adaptec 152X controler card.
> Anything special I need to do to get this recognized?

ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Colonel Panic » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

you need to add an append= line to lilo.conf, copy this append line to
yours..
append="mount aha152x=0x140,11,7,1"

>I have an AMD K6-2 266, and after trying to setup RedHat 5.1, I can't get
>setup to detect a SCSI bus with an installed Adaptec 152X controler card.
>Anything special I need to do to get this recognized?

ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Mirce » Sat, 19 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I don't know about the 1520 series, but I have a 1542cf, ISA, which
wasn't recognized until I changed its base address (with the dip
switches) from 0x130 to 0x334. Apparently, Linux doesn't check the lower
port. As soon as I did the change, all was OK.

MST

> I have an AMD K6-2 266, and after trying to setup RedHat 5.1, I can't get
> setup to detect a SCSI bus with an installed Adaptec 152X controler card.
> Anything special I need to do to get this recognized?

ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Jose M. Albarra » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I've got the same problem with a aha1510. I want to load the card as a
module with 'insmod'.

Have I to add the line in LILO too? Or only in module?

Why do you use 0x140, instead of 0x340?

Thanks in advance
Jose M. Albarrn

Colonel Panic? escribi en mensaje ...

>you need to add an append= line to lilo.conf, copy this append line to
>yours..
>append="mount aha152x=0x140,11,7,1"

>>I have an AMD K6-2 266, and after trying to setup RedHat 5.1, I can't get
>>setup to detect a SCSI bus with an installed Adaptec 152X controler card.
>>Anything special I need to do to get this recognized?

ADAP152X SCSI card not detected! Help!

Post by Edwin Charles Holley I » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I too have a SB16 with an onboard SCSI at 340.  I am trying to install 5.2
Red Hat.  I am wondering if you have an active bios?  IE does an
initilization blerb come up when you boot?  I am trying to find out if
there is some software that will alow this be enabled, it will make
installation much easier.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com