Does anybody know a ftp program support resume?

Does anybody know a ftp program support resume?

Post by Y Ch » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I don't like to download a program for about an
hour. Even frustrating if it stop and I can not
resume transfering.
Go zilla is better, I just wondering if I can get
a program like that in linux platform.

Post by Marc Mut » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I don't like to download a program for about an
> hour. Even frustrating if it stop and I can not
> resume transfering.
> Go zilla is better, I just wondering if I can get
> a program like that in linux platform.

ncftp, but the site ust also support it...

Marc

Post by Greg Wildma » Wed, 09 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I don't like to download a program for about an
> hour. Even frustrating if it stop and I can not
> resume transfering.
> Go zilla is better, I just wondering if I can get
> a program like that in linux platform.

I use ncftp. It will automatically resume unless you tell it not to.

Greg.

Post by Philip Hirschho » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

: I don't like to download a program for about an
: hour. Even frustrating if it stop and I can not
: resume transfering.
: Go zilla is better, I just wondering if I can get
: a program like that in linux platform.

The wget program is wonderful; it will do that and a lot more.
Available at many archive sites (it's GNU), and it's a standard
package in RedHat 5.2.

Phil

Post by Do-Hoon Kwo » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> I don't like to download a program for about an
> hour. Even frustrating if it stop and I can not
> resume transfering.
> Go zilla is better, I just wondering if I can get
> a program like that in linux platform.

Hi,
 Do you find "reget" command not useful?

Do-Hoon Kwon

Don't just look at your windows, look out...
There's wonderful world of stable, reliable, powerful OS's out there.

Does anybody know a ftp program support resume?

Post by John McDonald, J » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Personally I use ncftp.  I find that it is an exceptional FTP program,
supporting background transfers as well as unlimited file resumes.  It
also supports a new feature being offered at some sites (ftp.cdrom.com
for one) where a tarball is created and gzipped on the other end
(containing all the files you want), downloaded and ungzipped/untarred
on your end, transparently. I got ncftp from a link from
freshmeat.net.

It also supports 5-6 different kinds of firewalls, bookmarks, and a
whole slew of other cool features.

Hope this helps!

[-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-]
 John K. McDonald, Jr.      Alcatel, USA

 please remove -delete- for responses.
 --
 "I speak for me and not this company"

 TO SPAMMERS:
 Please  view   the  definitions   for
 "telephone     facsimile    machine,"
 "unsolicted  adverti*t,"  and the
 prohibition  and penalty  for sending
 unsolicited faxes before sending  Un-
 solicited  Commercial   E-mail to the
 above   address.   Violators  WILL BE
 PROSECUTED.   These   can   be  found
 in:

 The Telephone Consumer Protection Act
 of  1991,    Title   47,   Chapter 5,
 Subchapter II, Section 227.
[=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=]

1. Does anybody know of a Program to remotely dial a linux system from windoze?

Hi, I've just built a dedicated Linux box that has a modem and a network
card for the express purpose of sharing that internt connection from the
modem to several other computers on the network, but they are windoze
machines run my people with very little knowledge of computers so asking
them to dial it via linux commands is not an option and besides I don't wan
tthem fidling with the server, so does anybody know a nice program that I
can use to let them make the server dial and hangup?  Thanks for your time.

2. DDoS on tencent.com? [was: Cant block specific web address]

3. Does anybody know a good book about programming for Linux?

4. Red Hat and blue knuckles (Cable modem issue)

5. Anybody know where I can find detailed information on c shell programming.

6. problems building Pine4.05 in DR3

7. Does anybody know how to program with assemble language in Solaris?

8. diald a no-show

9. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear

10. ftp client that supports resuming aborted downloads?

11. NNTP over SSL, port 563, anybody know, anybody hear

12. anybody know good 2 channel sound card supported by alsa?

13. Setting up an FTP server supporting resume