USR modem

Post by Mike Dufe » Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to install a US Robotics 14.4 modem on linux. I disabled the
onboard serial port on my motherboard through the cmos and setup the modem
for com2 irq3. The problem now is that linux does not see my modem on com2.
any suggestions? The modem works great under windows 98.

 With Servers In California, Texas And *ia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

1. USR Modem Prob / Cable Modems

    Hello hello.  I'm running Red Hat 5.2 ( kernel 2.0.36 ) and find myself
having trouble getting Linux to cooperate with my USR 33.6 voice/fax/data
Sportster.  It's a plug & play modem, but I set the jumpers to COM2, IRQ3,
incase Linux couldn't auto-configure it for some reason.  In Windows 98\NT
this works fine, with no conflicts.  Under Linux however, somethin's not
right.  Upon booting Linux, it lists the card as an ISA device along with my
sound card, but no programs can find the modem or get it to respond.
Setserial is setup correctly too.  I'm stuck as to what to do here.
Modem-HOWTO and PNP-HOWTO got me nowhere.  Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have a feeling my problem involves the isapnp program, but I don't really
know how to use it.  Also, pnpdump doesn't list the modem.
    Finally, does anyone know of any problems using a cable modem (not ASDL)
with Linux?

Many, many thanks,

_Tyler_

2. DNS refreshes...

3. USR modem in Red Hat 7.0

4. fsck stopped working!

5. USR Modem Problems Solved!

6. Apache and rewrite_mod syntax

7. USR modem

8. ATI Rage IIc PCI and dual boot problems

9. USR modem and tip, Need help in setting

10. Linux & USR modems

11. dialup USR modem problem: garbage on screen?

12. Help with USR Modem setup

13. USR modem