Problem with adaptec AHA-2940 and Compaq Prolinea 575

Problem with adaptec AHA-2940 and Compaq Prolinea 575

Post by Patrick J. Rosi » Sun, 03 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am working on setting up a Prolinea 575 as a server for our mac network.
I have Netatalk and Hfs file system's running great on the system.  it is
much faster then the Mac IIci that is doing our file shareing now.  But i
am having a problem with my AHA-2940 SCSI controller.  Acording to the
documitation i have found for Linux to find the controler bios has to be
on, but when i set profiling on I get an error on start up saying:

int 13h device not found
bios not installed

i am assuming that it is a problem with the compaq because linux has found
the scsi card on my generic 4x86.  The compaq has the latest rom.  Any
ideas on getting it working?  will a command line find it like the Adaptec
152x if so what whould it be?   and help will be greatly apreciated.

Thank you
please forgive my spelling...

Patrick J. Rosini

--
Patrick J. Rosini

Problem with adaptec AHA-2940 and Compaq Prolinea 575

Post by Thomas Lostaun » Wed, 06 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> int 13h device not found
> bios not installed

You will get this message on any Adaptec cards when there
are no hard drives attached to the card.  The bios is only
really needed for booting from a hard drive.  For the latest
linux kernels 2.0.24 I don't think the bios is needed to be
on like it used to be.

Tom

1. Problem with AHA-2940 w/Compaq Deskpro 575

I am trying to set up a server for our mac network at the newspaper where
I work.  I have every thing set up and it works fine.  The only problem i
have is connecting my AHA-2940 with the Compaq Deskpro 575.  Right now i
am using an 850 meg IDE drive for storage, if I get the SCSI card working
I have a 850 meg SCSI drive that can be used for the serving drive and
then I can set up the IDE drive as a backup.  The AHA-2940 card works on
my home computer (generic AMD 5x86 133) with the Slakware 96 aha2x4x boot
disk.  I tried the same disk on the Compaq and it didn't find the card.
a drive is connected to the card  so the bios is installed.  Any ideas on
getting it working?  Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrick J. Rosini

2. Methods of Learning Linux...?

3. Compaq Prolinea 575 problems with memory

4. Need Basic Info : Motif, SunOS device drivers

5. Can't see all of memory on Compaq Prolinea 575

6. IDE detection problem ?

7. Compaq Prolinea 575 locking keyboard after few mintues ?

8. best SCSI-2 card for compatibility?

9. Compaq Prolinea 575 freezes keyboard when screenblanking goes on, why ?

10. can't get into BIOS on Compaq Prolinea 575

11. Compaq ProLinea MT 575 and Linux ?

12. Adaptec AHA-1522A and AHA-2940 SCSI adapters well supported?

13. Adaptec AHA-2940 and PCI problems