Onboard Graphics adapter, upgrade to PCI Graphics Blaster Riva TNT

Onboard Graphics adapter, upgrade to PCI Graphics Blaster Riva TNT

Post by <i.. » Sat, 10 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I don't know if I have a problem yet, but I just ordered a Graphics Blaster
Riva TNT 16MB card because my onboard adapter has lost the ability to
maintain the proper sync pulse ratings at lower resolutions. This is not
sucha  bad problem, but when I reboot, the Bios screen just rolls like my
vertical hold is messed up.
        So I ordered a card without thinking to ask whether I can let Linux choose
which card to use. Will it always default to the onboard adapter, or can I
change this? Or, does linux just go, like it usually does?
        Also, do I have to change anything for X besides choosing the appropriate
server?
        Any input you may have will be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

                  http://www.searchlinux.com