PAS 16 SCSI and IOmega Zip drive.

Post by George Nguy » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I know this subject has been addressed before, but I have not seen any
satisfying answers.

So, can the PAS 16 SCSI work under Linux, and can it work with the IOmega
Zip drive, SCSI version?

George Nguyen

Post by Byron A Je » Wed, 23 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I know this subject has been addressed before, but I have not seen any
>satisfying answers.

Not this particular one...

Quote:

>So, can the PAS 16 SCSI work under Linux, and can it work with the IOmega
>Zip drive, SCSI version?

In theory yes. However there is one massive problem: the cable.

The PAS 16 only has the 50 pin dual in line connectory for internal
devices. The Zip drive has a Mac SCSI interface which is a non-standard
DB25 pin interface. While there are cables that convert the external
50 pin centronics connectors to the mac, I've never seen an internal
to mac connector.

In desparation I tried to wire a interface between the two. It was a
miserable failure.

Sorry I'm not much help here.

BAJ
--
Another random extraction from the mental bit stream of...
Byron A. Jeff - PhD student operating in parallel - And Using Linux!

Post by H Brett Bol » Fri, 25 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>So, can the PAS 16 SCSI work under Linux,

Yes.

Quote:>and can it work with the IOmega Zip drive, SCSI version?

When I hooked it up, the computer froze ( it did not even get through
POST). I suspect the pc db25 connector and the Zip db25 connector are
different.

Call IOMEGA, and see if they can provide a cable for big $.

Quote:

>George Nguyen

1. Iomega Zip and PAS 16 SCSI: workable?

Has anyone out there connected the new Zip drive to a Pro Audio
Spectrum SCSI port?

I'd like to purchase the new Zip drive, but the only SCSI card I have
in my box is my PAS.  Would I be able to throw a Zip drive on the bus
along with my CD drive without much incident?

Anyone out there doing this?  What about DOS and OS/2?

Any help appreciated...

2. setpalette 1.4 swaps R <-> B values

3. Zip Drive and a PAS-16

4. What's Multi-threading ?

5. Wanted: PAS-16 SCSI Hard Drive Recommendation

6. Networking internals

7. SCSI hard drives and PAS-16

8. DVD playback problems...

9. Help with SCSI drives on my PAS-16

10. SCSI help ... PAS 16 + Exabyte 8200 tape drive ...

11. Iomega SCSI Zip drive and Zip Zoom card

12. SCSI problems Iomega Adaptec 152x SCSI Zip drive

13. PAS+ supported for sound? PAS 16 is...