IDE-DMA on an ASUS A7PRO

Post by Wolfgang Wernhar » Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:48:38

I have an ASUS A7PRO Mainboard (with Redhat 6.2 / Kernel 2.2.19 installed)
and want to enable DMA for the IDE-drive.
I read (somewhere in the internet) about (U)DMA-Problems on the VIA-Apollo
KT133 Chipsets, but couldn't figure out if these problems also match to my
board.
Has anybody the same Motherboard/Kernel combination with a working DMA in
use?

--
Wolfgang Wernhart

1. ASUS A7PRO Motherboard

I have an ASUS A7PRO Mainboard (with Redhat 6.2 / Kernel 2.2.19 installed)
and want to enable DMA for the IDE-drive.
I read (somewhere in the internet) about (U)DMA-Problems on the VIA-Apollo
KT133 Chipsets, but couldn't figure out if these problems also match to my
board.
Has anybody the same Motherboard/Kernel combination with a working DMA in
use?

--
Wolfgang Wernhart

2. Virtual Desktop! Augh!

3. Linux 2.4.5: serial problems with ASUS A7PRO PCI (VIA VT82C686A)

4. Linux Websurfing

5. All In Wonder, Asus A7Pro

6. RAD tools for Linux?

7. Asus A7Pro or Abit KT7?

8. ODBC access from linux to MS SQL-Server

9. ASUS P5A mboard, 2.2.3 with DMA for ALi M15xx IDE access?

10. No DMA with ALI IDE chipset (Asus P5A)

11. ASUS P5A mboard, 2.2.3 with DMA for ALi M15xx IDE access?

12. DMA failure on ASUS, but NOT on Tyan (was PentiumII/440FX PCI DMA failure)

13. More Ultra DMA 66 w/ Ultra DMA/33 IDE protocol Support