Anyone using a Byterunner serial card ?

Post by Cokey de Perci » Sun, 21 Jun 1998 04:00:00

> > Hi !

> > I want to add extra serial ports to my Linux-powered PC. I am looking at
> > then TC-400-S6-4 from Byterunner, which appears to retail for $67 !

> > Has anyone had any good or bad experiences with Byterunner stuff, and what
> > other products are people using. I'm afraid that price is a key issue here,
> > so $100 or under..

> I'm using one of the single port cards with great success. I bought it for an
> ISDN TA to run at 460.8Kbps. It works great, I'd recomend thier products to
> anyone. :)

I've been running one of their 4 ser/2 par cards for over a year now
with no problems and good performance.  Good solid hardware.  I'd also
recommend them.

Best

Cokey
Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:

1. ByteRunner serial card with SuSE 7.1

I bought a ByteRunner PCI-200L two-port PCI serial card for a new
Linux box I'm setting up, running SuSE 7.1 (soon to be 7.2).  No
matter what I try, I can't get the card to work.  Emails to ByteRunner
have produced no results, although a developer in Germany is now on
the case <G>.

What does it take to get one of these cards to work?  The card comes
with a vscardcfg script that is supposed to set the I/O ports and
IRQs.  I've run 'vscardcfg first_tty 2' but that seems to do nothing.
If I run setserial -a /dev/ttyS2 it shows the "standard" port and IRQ,
and an unknown UART.

If I connect the Linux box to a Wunders laptop using a null modem
cable, I can communicate after configuring minicom to use /dev/ttyS0,
but absolutely nothing happens if I reconfigure minicom for /dev/ttyS2
or /dev/ttyS3 (and change the cable, of course).

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

-----
Mike Dodd  (remove 'xspam.' when emailing)
HO Scale Virginian, 1950s

2. Where to get TIN 4 Linux?

3. Configuring ByteRunner Serial Card With SuSE 7.1

4. Java jdbc/odbc & Linux / Alpha

5. ByteRunner Mulitple Serial Card Problem

6. Failed to register 'sysfs' in sysfs?

7. Anyone using EISA Specialix Cards with about 20 - 50 serial ports ?

9. Anyone using an ARNET Multi-4 serial card successfully?

10. anyone using LCS-8880 serial card?

11. Multiport serial board problem (ByteRunner PCI-400HS)

12. Recipe: byterunner 8-port serial with linux RH 6.0 console.

13. ByteRunner Multi IO Cards