PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?

Post by Olivier Verloov » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I would like to know if anybody succeeded in making the Adaptec 1480
UltraSCSI
PCMCIA (CardBus) card work with Linux ?
I have the 2.0.36 kernel and PCMCIA-CS 3.0.6. It seems it only works
with
2.1.x kernels ? Does someone runs a "quite-stable" 2.1.x kernel and uses
the
APA_1480 driver ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Olivier Verloove

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?

Post by Dan or Denis » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I have the same card in my laptop and would greatly appreciate the
forwarding of replies!

Dan

the_mad_otter<at>rocketmail<dot>com

>Hi,

>I would like to know if anybody succeeded in making the Adaptec 1480
>UltraSCSI
>PCMCIA (CardBus) card work with Linux ?
>I have the 2.0.36 kernel and PCMCIA-CS 3.0.6. It seems it only works
>with
>2.1.x kernels ? Does someone runs a "quite-stable" 2.1.x kernel and uses
>the
>APA_1480 driver ?

>Thanks in advance for any feedback.

>Olivier Verloove

>       The contents of this message express only the sender's opinion.
>       This message does not necessarily reflect the policy or views of
>       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the
statements
>       made in this Usenet posting resides solely and completely with the
>       sender.

1. [Fwd: PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?]

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 16:49:31 +0100
Subject: PCMCIA SCSI : Adaptec 1480 UltraSCSI ?
Hi,

I would like to know if anybody succeeded in making the Adaptec 1480
UltraSCSI
PCMCIA (CardBus) card work with Linux ?
I have the 2.0.36 kernel and PCMCIA-CS 3.0.6. It seems it only works
with
2.1.x kernels ? Does someone runs a "quite-stable" 2.1.x kernel and uses
the
APA_1480 driver ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Olivier Verloove

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

2. mount disk sunos-4.1.3_1_b

3. Adaptec 1480 or 1460 pcmcia scsi

4. Win 95 does not have DOS!-Disk Operating System

5. Adaptec SlimSCSI 1480 PCMCIA

6. Programming Serial I/O

7. Laptop SCSI (Adaptec 1480) Support

8. InfoMagic Linux Developer's Resource (Slackware 2.0)

9. Adaptec SlimSCSI 1480 - booting locks up

10. David Hinds ,APA 1480 PCMCIA Support in kernel 2.4.4 Question?

11. linux support for adaptec 1480A ultrascsi pcmcia card?

12. ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

13. X and IBM Thinkpad 1480