Linux read 2048bytes/sector MO disk ?? Help!!

Linux read 2048bytes/sector MO disk ?? Help!!

Post by Gilbert Ramirez J » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

: Hi, Happy New Year!! I get some problems on my Linux system 2.06
: version, please help. I am using Adaptec 2940.

:       I have a Olympus SYS.230 MO drive ( not sure it is 2048
: byte/sector, probably is), but I cannot mount it since when the PC
: boot up, it recognizes the drive but cannot mount it right? How can I
: mount it. Can Linux recognize 2048 bytes/sector?? If not, how can I
: fix it or where can I find a 230MB MO disk does not use
: 2048byte/sector??

You cannot mount a disk partition until it is formatted. Read the manpage
on 'fdisk' to see how to create a disk partition, then the manpage on
'mke2fs' to see how to format a partition with an extended-2 filesystem.

um, I'll post this to Usenet instead.

: Jim

--gilbert

University of Texas                     http://merece.uthscsa.edu/gram/
Health Science Center at San Antonio    University Health System

Post by Tim Hollebee » Wed, 01 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> Hi, Happy New Year!! I get some problems on my Linux system 2.06
> version, please help. I am using Adaptec 2940.

Bah.  It's still 1996 here.  You should strive to make your posts
more sensitive to those of us who are timezone-challenged :-)