Linux Compatibility with NexGen 586 Motherboards

Linux Compatibility with NexGen 586 Motherboards

Post by Raj Mist » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Is anybody running Linux on NexGen 586 hardware ?
- If so are there any problems ?

I'm asking this because I have just read the latest Hardware compatibility
list and seen no mentions.

Prices for Nx586's seem very competitive at the moment with rumors of
new processors and motherboards imminent.

AdvaThanksnce

Raj Mistry.

1. Nexgen 586 motherboards, any comments?

  Can anyone comment on the Nexgen 586 and Linux?  I'm planning to get the VLB
version but I'm not sure how it would work with Linux?  Do I need the FPA to run Linux effectively especially when compiling the kernel?

  Thanks...

  Jo

2. Strange scheduling algorithm with multiple CPUs ??

3. NexGen 586 w/ FPU and Linux: Is it compatible?

4. IP address change?

5. Do NexGen 586's work with Linux?

6. DELL Latitude XPi Laptop.. Can't install.

7. NexGen 586 and Linux

8. 1394 Support

9. Networking problems with NexGen 586 running Linux

10. Nexgen/Cirrus or other 586 with Linux?

11. NexGen 586 + Linux

12. Nexgen-586 & Linux?

13. Linux on NexGen 586?