**** Compaq Proliant 1500 PCI SCSI Driver Needed **** Please help!

Post by David Si » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi Folks,

  I have a Compaq Proliant 1500 with a motherboard PCI bus SCSI controller.
Linux 1.2.13 doesn't seem to support it. Anyone have any clues where to
find the necessary bits or how to support this hardware under Linux???

TIA

Dave

**** Compaq Proliant 1500 PCI SCSI Driver Needed **** Please help!

Post by roo » Wed, 22 May 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi Folks,

>  I have a Compaq Proliant 1500 with a motherboard PCI bus SCSI controller.
>Linux 1.2.13 doesn't seem to support it. Anyone have any clues where to
>find the necessary bits or how to support this hardware under Linux???

Sure!  The controller is a NCR (Now symbios) 53C825 Fast/Wide SCSI II
PCI controller.  Use the 53C7XX,8XX driver in your kernel to access this
drive.  Newer kernels have support for a much greater range of features
for this chipset.

--John Roe
Electrical Design Engineer
Mainstream Server Hardware Development