Opti PnP Sound Cards, Anyone?

Post by David Henderso » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

My new PC has an Opti PnP sound card.  Unfortunately, I don't
even get a system beep from Linux ("echo -e \007" doesn't make
nary a peep).  Perhaps my hardware sends all sounds to the
sound card, I don't know.

Has anyone worked with this sound card and gotten it working
under Linux?  I'm running kernel 2.0.27.  Kernel config info,
BTWs, and FWIWs are appreciated.

Thanks!
David
--
*=========================================================*

*=========================================================*

Blessed are they that can laugh at themselves,
for they shall never lack a source of amu*t.
        Matthew 5:10b (Unauthorised Version)

Opti PnP Sound Cards, Anyone?

Post by Chris Albertso » Mon, 06 Jan 1997 04:00:00

See http://www.4front-tech.com/linux.html
It is the quickest way to get up and running.

--

Opti PnP Sound Cards, Anyone?

Post by Jay Thorn » Tue, 07 Jan 1997 04:00:00

> See http://www.4front-tech.com/linux.html
> It is the quickest way to get up and running.

> > My new PC has an Opti PnP sound card.  Unfortunately, I don't
> > even get a system beep from Linux ("echo -e \007" doesn't make
> > nary a peep).  Perhaps my hardware sends all sounds to the
> > sound card, I don't know.

Tried both the OSS/Linux and OSS/Free distributions
They claim my card is an Opti 924 NonPnp when it is
specifically an Opti 925PNP.  I'm still trying to get it
set up.  Any suggestions, like, how to get isapnp to make it
wake up properly?

Opti PnP Sound Cards, Anyone?

Post by Michael Plon » Wed, 08 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

> Tried both the OSS/Linux and OSS/Free distributions
> They claim my card is an Opti 924 NonPnp when it is
> specifically an Opti 925PNP.  I'm still trying to get it
> set up.  Any suggestions, like, how to get isapnp to make it
> wake up properly?

I have an OPTI 924 PnP Soundcard. Actually I make it run the following way:

I did compile the kernel with soundsupport *not* as modul. The selected
driver is SB PRO.
I boot DOS, so the card gets initialized by the DOS driver.
Then I boot Linux via loadlin. Ready.
oting DOS in the first place is a crook, I know, but I don't make a
shutdown that often, so I accept it.

cu, mikey

* Grotenbachstr. 67                                                         *

1. OPTi 924 PnP sound card (Trust 3D) setup

Has anybody managed to get an OPTi 924 PnP sound card configured and
running under Linux (without using DOS/Windoze to initialise it) yet?

I got isapnptools 1.3 to experiment with, but I don't have enough info
about the internals of the card to make a sensible stab at producing a
suitable config file for isapnp...

If anybody's interested I could post the output from pnpdump...

--
.. Rick Hewett.
(Garibaldi is tired, and Lennier is being enthusiastic.)

2. Logitech Cordless Click! problem

3. e: OPTI 82c931 PnP sound card - works with out OSSLinux

4. Apache 1.3.9, mod_php, scripted compile fails

5. Anybody has succeded installing an an Opti 931(PnP) sound card?

6. SIGBUS and SIGSEGV

7. OPTI 82c931 PnP sound card - works with out OSSLinux

8. hpnp problem "This job is recovered from .."

9. Q: MAD 16(PnP) sound card (chip: opti 924)

10. Support for OPTi 931 PnP Sound Card?

11. Anyone set up an opti 82c929 sound card?

12. q3test and opti sound card - anyone?

13. OPTi 931 PnP experience anyone?