Hauppauge Win/TV card?

Post by Stewart Tootil » Thu, 26 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know where I can get a Linux driver for my Hauppauge Win/TV
card, so that I can stop using Win95 altogether?

Hauppauge Win/TV card?

Post by Nick Birket » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I can get a Linux driver for my Hauppauge Win/TV
> card, so that I can stop using Win95 altogether?

Even as I write I am watching a tv movie courtesy of Xtv and my
Hauppauge
TV card . I am running Linux 2.0.32.

It is all beta stuff but is accessible from the Hauppauge home page
(yes they even have Linux stuff on their web page)

Here is the URL for bttv

http://www.thp.uni-koeln.de/~rjkm/linux/bttv.html

I have run Xtv using both an S3 and an ATI Rage II video card with
a Hauppauge Win TV primio tv card.

However we could not get it to work on our PII system using a Win TV
/Radio

When it tells you to read the docs - *please* do so as you can erase
your
eprom in the tv card (possibly - I didn't experience this)

I am using :

 Win tv primio card (Hauppauge)
 ATI Rage II video (PCI card)
 Linux 2.0.32
 xtvscreen-0.4.3
 bttv-0.5.3

The xtvscreen is the X app that controls the tv. The bttv stuff is the
source for the kernel modules.

Here is an lsmod after install :

msp3400            1            0
bttv               4            0
i2c                1    [msp3400 bttv]  0

i.e 3 modules from bttv-0.5.3 : load them in reverse order
(i2c then bttv then msp3400))

If you have Teletext support there is also hope (not tried as I don't
have a teletext card).

                         Nick

1. Hauppauge Win/Tv Radio Card

Hello,

I am thing about vbuying a TV/Radio Card. I searched the net and found that it
seems as if the best support is for hauppauge cards. I read the "Win/TV PCI" card
is supported quite well. But since I'd like to buy a card that has a radio tuner
installed as well, I'm interested in the Hauppauge "Win/Tv radio" card.

Does anyone know if this card will work too ?

Thanks Rainer Krienke

Universitaet Koblenz,             http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~krienke
Rechenzentrum,                    Voice: +49 261 287 1312
Rheinau 1, 56075 Koblenz, Germany Fax:   +49 261 287 1355

2. If linux(Redhat) is so good how can I put this off (reading and writing email for more then on pop server from ISP)??

3. Hauppauge Win/TV

4. Help with Serial Port Problem on Ultra 1

5. Hauppauge Win/Tv BT878

6. Linux VS free BSD VS netBSD

7. Hauppauge Win/TV bttv-0.4.3

8. PCI Ethernet card under Linux 2.0.0

9. Hauppauge Win/TV video capture board?

10. bttv:Hauppauge Win/TV Problems

11. Hauppauge Win/TV (Video Digitizer)

12. Hauppauge WIN Tv problems

13. hauppauge Win/TV and camera