RH 5.1 on PS/2 53 486SLC2?

Post by Ian Nea » Thu, 20 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have the possibility of inheriting some IBM PS/2 53 486 SLC2 machines.
They have all the original (IBM) hardware (e.g., video, ethernet, drive).
I plan on installing Red Hat 5.1.  Are there any known problems or
time-saving tips before I begin?  Thanks in advance.

1. allowing 53 to 53 bad ?

I'm using a firewall that is set up by someone else, but i'm annoyed by
the denying (i.e logging) of packets that seem to come from my ippp0
interface port 53 to root-servers etc. also on port 53.

I'm tempted to allow traffic between the 2x53 (Please, please, no more
logging !).

This isn't an authoritive server, but i do use this server (among other
things) as a secondary server for my internal (non-official) domain.

Is it a bad thing to allow traffic between me and external dns servers ?

Thanks in advance
Ferry Harmusial

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Smartstart and SCO Update Plan

3. How to boot without X-window

4. tcp 53 and udp 53

5. ready to dive in.... Red Hat and a book on order

6. snort and port 53 <-> 53 false positives

7. SLRN - My Post Hidden?

8. PS/2 53 w/ IDE drive ??????

9. RH 5.1: configure remote ps printer

10. Installing Linux on an IMB PS/2 56 486SLC2

11. IBM PS/2 486SLC2 and Linux

12. Can a pgm compiled on RH 5.1 run on RH 4.2?