Problem With On-board Video Card For Intel Desktop Board D865GBF

Problem With On-board Video Card For Intel Desktop Board D865GBF

Post by Mat » Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:37:31

Hi,

Has anybody managed to install Debian on the Intel Desktop Board
DB865GBF Motherboard and successfully run either Gnome, KDE or X
Windows?

When attempting to run one of these I get errors due to incorrect
specifications of the graphics card.

If so could you please let me know the settings.  I've tried every
setting under the sun with no success.

Cheers,
Matt

Problem With On-board Video Card For Intel Desktop Board D865GBF

Post by Tim McCo » Wed, 24 Dec 2003 09:11:45

Post an "lspci" output here. I'm guessing that it's as simple as you no
using a recent verson of X (the Debian Woody release version is rather
outdated) and hence the video driver that should work, isnt.

Change the driver in your XConfig file (/etc/X11/XF86Config-4) file to
"vesa" and see how that goes. Provided you have a semi-ok motherboard,
then you should at least get software rendered graphics, and hence a
useable X session.

We really need to know what the Onboard video is - lspci should give us
osme info.

Cheers

Tim

--
http://members.swiftdsl.com.au/~tmccoy

ICQ: 160341067

1. On-Board video vs PCI video card: can linux recognize?

I have a 2+ year old NEC machine which has an on-board video
chip (Trio64V+) .. I purchased a newer 3D video card last uear, right
now the brand escapes me

When I tried last year with RedHat 5.1, linux would never recognize
the PCI card, and always saw the on-board video, I can't remember what
went wrong, but I could never get X configured properly with the card
in, so I removed it

now that I am using Mandrake 6.2, will this later version of Unix be
able to handle the PCI card better?

Bowden

2. Kernel Panic when booting!!!

3. RH6.0, Cirrus GD5434 on-board video card problems

4. Intel EtherExpress Pro/10+ + Comcast@Home under Linux

5. Intel 815E chipset on-board video and Linux Kernel 2.4.0-test11-pre*

6. Jumpstart problems

7. XFree86 with Intel(r) on-board display card

8. login without password ???

9. How to disable on-board video card to add another one?

10. advice needed--on-board video card

11. disabling on-board video card?

12. Mach64 can't pass on-board video card

13. Advice needed---on-board video card