jaton video-57p card with linux?

Post by John M. Flinchbau » Tue, 04 Feb 1997 04:00:00

i just bought a 2M video card for use with x and svgalib, and i'm having
trouble with it.

it is the video-57p from jaton corp.  it is to be trident 64-bit
tgu19680/9682 compatible, but the xf86_svga x server does not work with
it.

the screen syncs up, but it seems the pixels are all garbled...there
will be short vertical strips of the screen intact, but those are all
out of place.  i can see the cursor, a large 'x', in the mess on the
screen, but it is dispersed enough to cover almost a 1/4 of the screen.

this looks like a nice video card, and i'd really like to use it.  it
works wonderfully for dos games (the 7th guest specifically).

that can i do?  thanks.
--