Old DEC VRT19-DA Fixed Freq Monitor

Post by Vagra » Sat, 09 May 1998 04:00:00

Hey.  Does anyone have working modelines for an old DEC VRT19-DA fixed
frequency monitor?  Configurations of SVGALib, SVGATextMode, and Xfree86 would
be great.  I was able to use a program to generate some basic modelines that
work in X, but I can't get 1024x768 in 24bpp like I can in WindozeNT, and I
can't get SVGATextMode or SVGALib to work at all.  I've tried to create
modelines by hand, but it is not workin.  I don't have any reliable
documentation on the monitor either, so it's pretty much all guess work.  I've
read the modeline mini-howto and the create-text-modes-by-hand how to that
comes with SVGATextMode, and followed the formulas for creating modes, but I
cannot make any of them work.  If anyone has any modelines or tips or monitor
specs, or anything else that might help, I'd be grateful for the info.  Thanks.

Post by Monty Brandenber » Sun, 10 May 1998 04:00:00

> Hey.  Does anyone have working modelines for an old DEC VRT19-DA fixed
> frequency monitor?  Configurations of SVGALib, SVGATextMode, and Xfree86 would
> be great.  I was able to use a program to generate some basic modelines that
> work in X, but I can't get 1024x768 in 24bpp like I can in WindozeNT, and I
> can't get SVGATextMode or SVGALib to work at all.

I don't have modelines or proper specs for that monitor but it's a

with a 130 MHz pixel clock.  You might try that with the -DA.  It might
be equivalent to a Sony GDM1960.  Finally, it's a three-cable monitor so make
certain you drive composite sync onto the green signal.

--
Monty Brandenberg, Software Consultant                    MCB, Inc.

617.864.6907