Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0

Post by Michael Field » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am having ttrouble getting a digiboard PC/Xe to work with redhat version
5.0.
I am in the middle of upgrading my system from a slackware version with
linux kernel 2.0.30 to Redhat ver 5.0 (linux kernel 2.0.32) . The board
works well in the slackware on the same machine. Everything seems to be
configured the same but so far the board fails to be even recognized by the
kernel (in fact there are absolutely no kernel messages regarding it.) the
source code of the drviers between the to systems are the same ( i ran diff
on them) and it seems to compile fine. Any ideas???

Michael Fields

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. linuxconf & 7.3

3. shttp download in UNIX

4. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

5. Strings

6. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

7. Monitoring the server

8. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

9. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

10. Telebit T2500 and Digiboard PC/Xe on ODT 2.0

11. Digiboard PC/Xe problems

12. A DigiBoard PC/4e (Xe) Legacy experience