Connect linux laptop to Sparc10 via serial port

Connect linux laptop to Sparc10 via serial port

Post by jt.. » Sat, 25 Nov 1995 04:00:00

I would like to connect my linux laptop to my office Sparc10 via
serial port.  I have set up terminal service on the Sparc10 (I think).
When I connect the cable to the linux laptop serial port and try
kermit I get no response?

Can anyone suggest any possible things for me to try?  Replies via
email would be best.

Thanks,
Ted Cox

1. Connect linux laptop to Sparc10 via serial port

I would like to be able to connect my linux laptop to my office
Sparc10 via a serial port.  I have used Celeste's modem/terminal guide
to set up a terminal on serial port a, but when I plug into the serial
port of my laptop and try to use kermit to connect I get no response.
I successfully configured serial port b with a modem, and dial
in over the phone with the laptop, so I was successful with the modem
instructions.  I *think* I have followed the terminal instructions
okay too.

I'm not sure of the cables.  I have one of those funny split serial
a/b wires plugged  into the Sparc10.  To connect into the laptop I put
a gender changer on the end that allows me to plug into the 9-pin
serial port on the laptop.  Could this be a problem?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions, especially via email.

Thanks,
Ted Cox

2. hacked?

3. connect linux to unix server via serial port

4. Problem: Oracle Workgroup Server Installation - "User Interface Failure: Window System Startup"

5. connect Win98 to Linux via serial ports ?

6. upgrading from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3

7. Connecting and 8088 to my Linux box via serial ports

8. File I/O buffering

9. Linux - Windows connect via serial ports?

10. Connecting laptop to ES40 via serial cable

11. Using Laptop via Serial Port

12. Doing a STOP+A from headless system, connected via serial port?

13. Connecting to a Netra x1 via serial port