RH6.0 can't recognize my complete RAM

Post by fama.. » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
 I have successfully installed RH6.0 on an Intel 400MHz platform. I have
a RAM of 128MB but running "cat /proc/meminfo" tells me that I have a
RAM of
 64MB. What can I do to make Linux recognize my full 128MB RAM? Any help
would be much appreciated.
 Thanks in advance.
 Francis.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

RH6.0 can't recognize my complete RAM

Post by Dances With Cro » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
> I have successfully installed RH6.0 on an Intel 400MHz platform. I have
>a RAM of 128MB but running "cat /proc/meminfo" tells me that I have a
> 64MB. What can I do to make Linux recognize my full 128MB RAM? Any help

This is a FAQ.  It looks like you didn't read them.  Go do that, now.
Deja keeps them around; do a power search in this group for the keyword
"FAQ" and you should find a wealth of information.

When you boot the machine, enter "linux mem=128M" at the LILO prompt.  At
boot, Linux asks the BIOS how much memory is in the machine, and some
BIOSes can only return a maximum value of 64M... so you have to tell the
kernel how much memory there is manually.  Read the docs about LILO to
find out how to automate the process upon boot.

--
Matt G / Dances With Crows        \          In the MS-DOStrix,
There is no Darkness in Eternity   \----\    there is no fork().

1. RH6.0 can't recognize my complete RAM

Hi,
I have successfully installed RH6.0 on an Intel 400MHz platform.
I have a RAM of 128MB but running /proc/meminfo tells me that I have a
RAM of 64MB. What can I do to make Linux recognize my full 128MB RAM?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Francis.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. cdplayer for x

3. My linux don't recognized the complete RAM mem

4. arptfree() explanation

5. Linux doesn't recognize ALL my RAM

6. Firewall Recommendation

7. Help - Adding RAM - Linux doesn't recognize

8. Wanted - Client/Server sql for linux

9. ===> Help, Kernel won't recognize new RAM

10. Linux won't recognize all the RAM

11. Linux doesn't recognise all RAM

12. Why can't Linux recognize > 64M RAM and Win95 can?

13. Linux doesn't recognize new RAM