DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

Post by Calvin Brow » Tue, 08 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Ok, so there are 2 different drivers out there ....
the one from Digi and the one done by Christoph Lameter.

I'm trying to get a 4 port PC/Xe working. I've had the following
problems....

Kernel 2.0.21 (Slackware 3.1).

With the Digi supplied driver.
==============================

The thing loads, I do the digiDload, set up the mgetty on the line.
The *only* problem here is that the modems don't hang up after the
phone line is dropped? Any hints/pointers please?

With the Kernel supplied driver.
================================

Compile the thing, put in the append option in lilo
(append = "digi=1,1,0,4,512,851968") <it appears not to work correctly
with append="digi=E,PC/Xe,D,4,200,D0000">
, create the devices in the /dev directory and I get (firstly) the
following kernel message:

PC/Xx: Added board 0, PC/Xe 64k 4 ports at 0x0200 base 0x0D0000

Ok ... so far so good.

a cu -l /dev/cud0 or cu -l /dev/cud1 generates a

Oct  7 07:30:39 inlaw kernel: pcxe_close: bad serial port count;
tty->count is 1, info->count is 0

any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

--Calvin

--
My home page - http://ufrmsa1.olivetti.za/~calvin

DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

Post by Daniel A. Tayl » Wed, 09 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Ok, so there are 2 different drivers out there ....
>the one from Digi and the one done by Christoph Lameter.

>I'm trying to get a 4 port PC/Xe working. I've had the following
>problems....

>Kernel 2.0.21 (Slackware 3.1).

>With the Digi supplied driver.
>==============================

>The thing loads, I do the digiDload, set up the mgetty on the line.
>The *only* problem here is that the modems don't hang up after the
>phone line is dropped? Any hints/pointers please?

This is a known problem with the 1.0.0 release driver. It is fixed
in 1.0.1a (beta). ftp://ftp.dgii.com/drivers/beta/linux/digiRel.101a.tar.gz
Tested up to and including 2.0.21 kernels.
(ditty also works much better with the 1.0.1a driver)

--
Daniel Taylor     Digi International Tech Support

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. "File not found"

3. setserial in rc.local

4. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

5. xbbs version 7.88

6. DigiBoard PC/Xe 8 and linux?

7. Upgrading to VisionFS 3.1

8. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

9. Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0

10. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

11. Telebit T2500 and Digiboard PC/Xe on ODT 2.0

12. Digiboard PC/Xe problems