ProSavage PM133

Post by goolia » Sun, 29 Apr 2001 01:31:17

Hi,all
For those having problems with ProSavage PM133
( Pro Savage KM133 is for Athlon system ) built in VGA in Via
chipset, goto download driver from www.s3graphics.com
( I can't find this url registered in google, however it really exist )
it's s3savage-1.0-13.tar.gz, those listed in s3 nextmill site doesn't work
for me until this driver ( in s3 nextmill it was in earlier version 1.0-6 )
You should have XF86Setup ( and XF86Setup requires VGA16 server
to be install though ) installed, else it will complain.
( You can find it in the RedHat CD RPM dir ).

However, I can get it start in 640x480 16 bppmode only, I can get it work
in 800x600 16 bpp.

Hope u can get better result than me.

Enjoy !!

ProSavage PM133

Post by Tim Robert » Tue, 08 May 2001 14:30:44

>Hi,all
>For those having problems with ProSavage PM133
>( Pro Savage KM133 is for Athlon system ) built in VGA in Via
>chipset, goto download driver from www.s3graphics.com
>( I can't find this url registered in google, however it really exist )
>it's s3savage-1.0-13.tar.gz, those listed in s3 nextmill site doesn't work
>for me until this driver ( in s3 nextmill it was in earlier version 1.0-6 )

The most recent version is 1.1.15, and is downloadable from
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html.

Quote:>However, I can get it start in 640x480 16 bppmode only, I can get it work
>in 800x600 16 bpp.

You should be able to get whatever fits in the memory you've allocated to
graphics.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.