S3Trio Card Corel Linux

Post by Rulon Guymo » Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Has anyone been able to install Corel Linux using a S3Trio 64v2-dx/gx
(775/795)
card.   The card has 2 meg of memory and the driver is s3mm.drv 5-11-98

I get the  LILO screen.Loading Linux then Starting Corel Linux, then
endless reboots when I try to install from the CD
When I try to boot using Corels bootable floppy I get, Loading Corel
Linux, Starting Corel Linux, ERROR 1x10
I made a boot able floppy from the CD and just get the LILO screen, then
the endless booting cycle.

I suspect it may be the card.

I use a CTX 486

K6 MMX 233
32 Meg memory
2 gig drive C:
1.7 meg drive D
ADAPI Bootable CD-ROM drive
PS/2 mouse
v90 modem
Award Bios Ver 08.30
PCI version 2.10
M5ATA System Board

1. Kill COREL; Kill COREL; Kill COREL; ...

Okay, maybe I'm out of the loop, but I did not realized until today that
Corel had totally killed development of Corel products for Linux.  And then
I see a photo of Bill Gates shaking the hand of Corel's CEO/President. Umm,
what a surprise! And I'm supposed to assumed that there is no relationship
between this and the $$ that Micro$oft gave to Corel a few months ago.

As far as I'm concerned, Corel died.

I actually bought the last few versions of the WP Suite for Linux and
Windows. But that's it! No more! Either companies stick with Linux or they
can go to hell. Thus, I definitely sponsor people to do the same.

DON'T BUY COREL STUFF EVER AGAIN!!!

If I ever hear anyone at work proposing to buy anything from Corel, I will
seriously push for anything other than that.

I hope that within the next five years this company goes out of business.
Actually, lets make it happen!

DON'T BUY COREL STUFF EVER AGAIN!!!

2. RightCtl Compose

3. Does XFree86 support S3Trio VGA Card ?

4. caching name server

5. Corel SOUND CARD(Ess) & VIDEO CARD(S3) HELP

6. Connecting to an access point with shared wep key

7. Corel Linux, S3 Video Card

8. formatting/banner: print each char 21 lines high across

9. Two Network Cards under Corel Linux

10. Corel Linux and Netgear FA510 PCMCIA ethernet card -NEWBIE ALERT

11. (corel linux) I can't get it to install because of my Video Card

12. Two NE2000 cards in Corel Linux

13. Corel Linux and 3C905C Card HELP!!