Omnibook XE2 DC

Post by unbekann » Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:32:29

Hi, I was wondering if anyone found out the refresh rates for the 14.1
inch TFT Monitor on the Omnibook XE2 DC Laptop from Hewlett Packard...
Ive been trying to contact Hewlett Packard directly, but without any
success... Ive been trying all sorts of different settings, but the
screen will only go to 800x600 and by that it only covers half the
screen.... would appreciate any help whatsoever....

Thanks...

unbekannt

Omnibook XE2 DC

Post by Dances With Crow » Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:05:16

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:32:29 +0200, unbekannt staggered into the Black
Sun and said:

Quote:> Hi, I was wondering if anyone found out the refresh rates for the 14.1
> inch TFT Monitor on the Omnibook XE2 DC Laptop from Hewlett Packard...

Most things work with the "Generic LCD panel" available in the
pointy-clicky GUI frontend most distros have for setting up X.  X 4.n
has pretty good ways to query the EDID information almost every modern
monitor reports, so you shouldn't even have to hand-enter sync ranges.
Which version of which distro are you using, anyway?  What's the output
of "X -version"?

Quote:> Ive been trying to contact Hewlett Packard directly, but without any
> success.

There are only 2 products that HPCompaquard makes that are any good:
RPN calculators and high-end PostScript printers.  Their desktop
computers are cheaply put together with inferior components, and their
laptops haven't impressed me much.

Quote:> I've been trying all sorts of different settings, but the screen will
> only go to 800x600 and by that it only covers half the screen....

What's the native size of the LCD?  What's the make and model of the
graphics card in this machine?  (Use "lspci | tail -1" if you don't know
what kind of graphics card it has.)  You might want to put your
/etc/X11/XF86Config file up on your webspace and follow up to this
message with the URL.  HTH,

Brainbench MVP for Linux Admin /    mail: TRAP + SPAN don't belong
http://www.brainbench.com     /                Hire me!

1. Help: X Window (in RH 6.1) on HP OmniBook XE2

Hello,

Has any anybody have the successful experience of intalling X Windows on
HP notebook OmniBook XE2, and would like tell me the configuration
infomation? Please email your answer direccly to me.

Thank very much!!!

Tom

2. Printer port IRQ's?

3. omnibook.xe2.de-need_help

4. About postgresql

5. Omnibook XE2 video

6. PANIC PANIC BAD DIR INO ............

7. HP Omnibook XE2 & XFree

8. Mail stopped going to procmail ?????

9. Omnibook XE2 video

10. Video support for solaris 8 on HP XE2 Omnibook

11. HP OMNIBOOK XE2!! X Configuration

12. help on HP OMnibook XE2

13. omnibook XE2