Thinkpad Soundcard

Post by Johan Molendij » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Okay, I've got Corel Linux up and running, except for the soundcard. I have
a Crystal "PnP" Audio System from Crystal Semi-Conductor Corporation in my
IBM Thinkpad 380Z and I can't get the bastard to work at all. It should be
PnP but it doesn't detect *at all*. Can someone please help me? This is my
first time in Linux and it looks promising but I lack the technical
know-how to solve this problem (me Windows-man, me)

Thinkpad Soundcard

Post by Mirce » Wed, 09 Feb 2000 04:00:00

> Okay, I've got Corel Linux up and running, except for the soundcard. I have
> a Crystal "PnP" Audio System from Crystal Semi-Conductor Corporation in my
> IBM Thinkpad 380Z and I can't get the bastard to work at all. It should be
> PnP but it doesn't detect *at all*. Can someone please help me? This is my
> first time in Linux and it looks promising but I lack the technical
> know-how to solve this problem (me Windows-man, me)

In Linux, PnP isn't PnP quite yet (although 2.3.x looks promising).
You need to manually configure it using the isapnptools: see
"man isapnp", "man pnpdump" and "man isapnp.conf"  for details.

MST

1. IBM Thinkpad soundcard setup

Hi, all,

Does anybody know the type of the soundcard in a IBM Thinkpad 770? I've
installed Red Hat Linux 5.0 in it and I want to play binary speech file
on it, but I couldn't configure the sound card right. Could anybody help
about this?
Thanks much in advance.

Jun Lin

2. Sendmail.cf for TERM needed

3. adding a second soundcard and losing the first soundcard

4. Two ethernet adapters on Linux 1.2.1????

5. ThinkPad File for ThinkPad 710t

6. Trying to understand dynamic linking under ELF..

7. THINKPAD 770X REDHAT6.0 USING X-WINDOWS VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO THINKPAD 770X

8. Q: tcsh hates scrollbar ?

9. best soundcard for linux?

10. Aztech PnP soundcard

11. Soundcards and CD-Roms

12. SonicSound LX Diamond Soundcard

13. Mozart (Oak techn) soundcards and ATAPI CD