Could someone repost problems with Cyrix 6x86 MB

Could someone repost problems with Cyrix 6x86 MB

Post by skip.. » Thu, 28 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I was reading the group misc.forsale.pc-specific.motherboards and
someone posted that they wouldn't buy a Cyrix 6x86, because of
postings in this group. Could some repost this information.
I have a friend that's die hard set on getting me up and running on
linux, so if there's a problem run the 6x86 MB with this operating
system I would love to know.

Thanks for your help.

Skip

1. Cyrix 6x86 + Gigabyte ATS/P MB + Linux?

I was wondering if anyone is running a Cyrix 6x86 120+(100Mhz CPU) on
a gigabyte ATS/P motherboard with Linux Slackware, kernel 1.2.13 and
gcc 2.7.0.

The reason I would like to know is that I am trying to run this combination
 without any luck at all. I am told that this MB will run with the 6x86
and that Cyrix 6x86 is compatible with Linux but I have not had any info
on the full combination.

My problems are manifesting themselves with an inability to compile a kernel
which I am told is a good indicator of a MB-CPU conflict.

I have swtiched SIMMS, switched video, turned wait states up and down and
things are simply not cooperating.

So if anyone can confirm that this MB-CPU combo does work with Linux I can maybe start looking at faulty Hardware ie CPU or MB as the culprit.

Thank You for any help or comments
Terrence Martin

2. S3 Vsion968

3. Linux, Cyrix 6x86 and gigabyte MB?

4. different between socket and port

5. A problem with Cyrix 6x86

6. NetBSD with Reveal SoundFX Pro

7. compiling problems cyrix 6x86

8. Sun ONE C++ compiler: cc -V

9. Redhat 6.1 problems on Cyrix 6x86 P200+

10. Cyrix 6x86 and Netscape 4.07b problems

11. TritonII +Cyrix 6x86 Root disk problems

12. TritonII +Cyrix 6x86 Root disk problems!!!

13. Cyrix 6x86