need AMI MegaRAID help

Post by Anthony Ewel » Sat, 04 Oct 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone successfully used an AMI MegaRAID controller card with Linux?

Are there drivers to support it?

When you added an additional hard drive to the (raid 5) array, did you
have to
backup and restore your data? Or, did the MegaRAID's bios expansion
utility
have a way of handling this with out restoring, as it does with NT and
Netware?
Did ext2 recognize the new, larger size of the hard drive?  (I am told
that ext2 lays
down a track that describes the size of the hard drive, causing a
considerable
amount of confusion when the size of the hard drive suddenly jumps up by

a few gigabytes.)

If anyone has done this before, or has some comments on the process, I
would greatly
appreciate your feedback!

Many thanks,
--Tony

1. Help needed monitoring logical drives (AMI Megaraid)

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knows a method of automatically checking
the status of logical drives when useing the AMI Megaraid raid system?
I've downloaded a beta megamgr program from the AMI web site, but this
is an interactive program not really suitable for automatic checks. So,
anyone got any ideas? Thanks for your help

Adrian

2. PPP Setup w/ Linux for Sprynet -- help!

3. RedHat 7.1 + AMI MegaRAID 100 need help

4. dip - down: unknown device (???)

5. Help with AMI MegaRaid

6. Solaris8 with inbuilt NSS_LDAP on an OpenLDAP server

7. help with AMI MegaRAID controller

8. time problem inside dialer program...

9. Help, AMI MegaRAID 428 seeking enlightenment

10. Installing an Ami MegaRaid express 500 (40LD) in a Red Hat 7.1

11. AMI MegaRaid controller with Linux

12. FS: AMI MegaRAID Series 418 RAID controller

13. AMI MegaRAID 1600 + RH 7.1 not working