second scsi hostadapter?!?!

Post by Michel Jona » Wed, 29 Apr 1998 04:00:00

How to configure a second scsi hostadapter in SUSE Linux?!?!?

I can insmod the module adaptec module and /proc/scsi/ is ok. But what
minor devicenumbers are there to use for the second hostadapter !?!?
I've been searching the internet, but didn't find anything.

Any idea ?!?

Michel

          michael jonas   duesseldorfer str.7   80804 munich

                               no joke.

second scsi hostadapter?!?!

Post by Kenneth R. Crud » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I can insmod the module adaptec module and /proc/scsi/ is ok. But what
>minor devicenumbers are there to use for the second hostadapter !?!?

Well, the adaptor itself won't have any entries in /dev - the *devices
attached* to it will, and generally, there won't be any distinction
made as to which host adaptor performs the connection- they will be added
sequentially from HA 0.

For example, if you have 3 drives, spread out 2 on HA 0 and 1 on HA 1,
you'll get /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, and /dev/sdc, just as if they were all
attached to HA 0, or all attached to HA 1.

        -Kenny, running 2HAs via the Adaptec 3940U (sharing IRQs, even)

--
Kenneth R. Crudup, Unix & OS/2 Software Consultant, Scott County Consulting

16 Plainfield St, Boston, MA 02130-3633   +1 617 983 9410      Fax
        "Linux, between Playstation and Craystation" -attribution unknown

1. Two SCSI hostadapter on OpenServer 5.0

We tried to use to different hostadapters on the same machine:
  1. slha (SymbiosLogic/NCR) PCI-SCSI-Adapter
  2. ad   (Adaptec 1542C)  ISA-SCSI-Adapter

We installed three disks on the PCI adapter and one DAT streamer
on the ISA adapter.

First all works fine, but when we tried to restore a lot of data
(200 MB) the system creahed with a panic messages.

Has anybody tested an similar configuration ?

2. mgetty ftp problem

3. use two "scsi-hostadapter" with kmod

4. solaris 10 3/05 jumpstart still won't find ypserv

5. AHA2842 SCSI-Hostadapter

6. overflow ?

7. RedHat 6.0 sequence of recognition of SCSI Hostadapters changed ?

8. RedHat (SCSI HD Macropolis 4G+) Problems.

9. Which SCSI hostadapter with linuxppc?

10. Problem with RH 6.0 bootdisk and SCSI Hostadapters!

11. Any PCMCIA SCSI-Hostadapter supporting SCO 3.2v4?

12. Netbackup and PCI-SCSI Hostadapter

13. Mainboard with SCSI hostadapter