Video surveillance project

Post by St├ęphane JAILLIAR » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:37:33

Hello !

I'm a french student in computing and I have a big project to do for my
exam. If you can help me I would be very happy and I'll thank you very much.

This is the  project :

10 cameras (max) "Axis Network Camera 2100" are managed by the computer 1.
(I think I might use Linux on this computer)

Every camera send an image every 2 sec.

The computer 1 convert a jpg image to a bitmap image and analysis the bitmap
image. if this image is considered as "anormal" (compared to a normal
image), a signal is sent to the computer 2.

The computer 2 is conected to the computer 1 through internet. (he verify
every minute if he is always conected to him).

When the computer 1 send an alert to the computer 2, the computer 1 give to
the computer 2 the images of the last minute of the camera from whom the
anormal image was detected.

The os on the computer 2 will probably be Windows 2000.

If someone could help me, I can send him the documentation of the project
(in french)

Thank you very much

Stphane.

Video surveillance project

Post by Jan Panteltj » Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:18:56

On a sunny day (Sat, 26 Jan 2002 16:37:33 +0100) it happened "Stphane

Quote:>Hello !

>I'm a french student in computing and I have a big project to do for my
>exam. If you can help me I would be very happy and I'll thank you very much.

>This is the  project :

>10 cameras (max) "Axis Network Camera 2100" are managed by the computer 1.
>(I think I might use Linux on this computer)

>Every camera send an image every 2 sec.

>The computer 1 convert a jpg image to a bitmap image and analysis the bitmap
>image. if this image is considered as "anormal" (compared to a normal
>image), a signal is sent to the computer 2.

>The computer 2 is conected to the computer 1 through internet. (he verify
>every minute if he is always conected to him).

>When the computer 1 send an alert to the computer 2, the computer 1 give to
>the computer 2 the images of the last minute of the camera from whom the
>anormal image was detected.

>The os on the computer 2 will probably be Windows 2000.

>If someone could help me, I can send him the documentation of the project
>(in french)

>Thank you very much

>Stphane.

Think you should do your homework, but if you look at the sources of mcam
I wrote, it has a motion detection in the YUV range.
http://www.home.zonnet.nl/panteltje/mcam/
Regards
JP