help with setting up an HP IID laser printer in Rehat 7

help with setting up an HP IID laser printer in Rehat 7

Post by Phil Martine » Wed, 25 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I have Redhat 7 and a HP IID laserjet printer.  I would really like to get
this thing to work, but have had no luck as of yet.  I have been using the
printtool but it seems worthless.  It has a setting in there for the IID/IIP
but only for the printers that have the postscript cartridge.  Can anyone
help me out?  or........if you have a post script cartridge for a HP IID i'l
like that too.  Ideally however, i'l like to know how to make this work AND
get that postscript cartridge.

Thanks in advance,

Phil Martinez

1. HELP - Newbie setting up HP IID printer

hello all.  i am having some trouble connecting my HP LaserJet IID printer
to my linux box.  linux does detect the printer as device /dev/lp1.    i
chose the "LaserJet IId/IIp/III with TIFF compression" driver, and selected
the "fix stair stepping" and "fast text printing" options.  the "ascii test
print" and "print ascii directly to port" test prints come out fine.
however, the "postscript test page" takes about 8 minutes to print, and it
comes out very messy.  you can make out some of the text and images, but it
is predominantly trash.  the same is true when printing any postscript
documents from corel wordperfect 8 or star office 5.

does anyone have this printer working properly for them?  any suggestions
would be very welcome.  if you'd like to respond directly to my email,
remember to remove NOSPAM from the reply address.

regards,
michel a lim
associate
wong hobach lau
consulting engineers
structural/civil/construction management
www.whl-international.com

2. Adaptec 2920 not supported

3. Setting up a HP 4L laser printer with PCL, not native postscript...

4. backup multiple tar-files on a tape using tar and mt - command

5. help setting up Kyocera F-2200S Laser printer under Linux

6. ftp problem

7. Help; Setting up Laser Printer

8. Apache, Linux, htacces

9. (question) connecting with HP Laser Jet 4MV network printer

10. Printing, Q. HP Laser Jet 6p printer with a printerserver.

11. How can I install HP Laser Jet 1100 printer under Red Hat 7.2?

12. HP PCL laser printer <- Solaris X86

13. Laser printer for Linux (HP 6L vs Lexmark Optra E+)?