sound problem with Redhat 7.1

Post by Michael Keele » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 09:56:28

I'm running Redhat 7.1 with a Sound Blaster ASA card. The card is setup
and I have sound. The problem is sounds, especially mp3's played with
xmms, are often choppy/broken. If any thing else is active the sound play
back is interrupted. I run xmms as root. It's very annoying.

I had no problems under an older kernel and Mandrake 7.0.

Any ideas?

TIA
Mike

1. Help: Upgrade from Redhat 7.1 to Redhat 7.2 results internet problem

I have an Pentium Pro 200 System and running RedHat 7.1 as my
firewall/router with no
problem. But I got big problem after upgarde to RedHat 7.2.
The problem is: My internet (DSL connection) will be dead after this
firewall box (RH7.2) running couple hours, i am not sure is it in sleeping
mode or not? if so, then how can I solve it? and I check /var/log/messages,
it shows "ip.conntrack: table full, dropping packet". What's that mean? is
it cause the problem?

Thanks

2. XFree86 Modules for FVWM...

3. Redhat 7.1 No cd sound - Help Please

4. Got problems ? -- Ask a TimeWaster !

5. Sound Driver For Thinkpad A30 w/RedHat 7.1

6. eth1 fails on boot!!

7. Please help me to get sound to work on redhat linux 7.1

8. Screen management like curses ??

9. sound configuration: redhat 7.1

10. RedHat 7.1/kernel 2.4.4 sound and eth0 issues

11. ISA sound cards and RedHat (possibly 7.1 or 8)

12. No sound in RedHat 7.1

13. Sound config RedHat 7.1