sound card problem

sound card problem

Post by Serge Yastrebilo » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00



Hello,

I have Mandrake 6.1 with 2.2.13-7mdk kernel.

I have an Avance Logic sound card als-100+ which was
recognised as a Sound Blaster card by the sound configuration tool
and worked perfectly on my system

Then all went wrong.

On noticing that the sound became lower (for no reason) I decided to
reinstall my card as I had already done with sndconfig
It didn't work.

Re-Installing with the sound configuration tool gives the following
messages:

Error isapnp

/etc/isapnp.conf:230 --Fatal -resource conflict
allocating 8 bytes of IO at 220 (see /etc/isapnp.conf)
/etc/isapnp.conf:230 --Fatal -error occured executing request
'<IORESCHECK>' --further action aborted

I have also an Ensonic card which I tried too but it didn't work either.

The card was recognised as Ensonic SoundScape
but after trying to play a sound the following message appeared :

Error modprobe

/lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/sscape.o :
init_module: device is busy
sound: device is busy

The message "device is busy" I see also at Linux startup with Ensonic
card is in the slot. Moreover, the same message comes up when
there's no card at all in the slot.

On startup, with no card in the slot, It runs:

Setting up ISA PNP devices  [OK]
loading sound module
/lib/module/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/sb.o: init_module Device or resourse busy
sound: Device or resourse bus                        [FAILED]
loading midi module
/lib/module/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/op13.o: init_module Device or resourse busy

sound: Device or resourse bus                        [FAILED]

But with the sound card the message is different:

I
Setting up ISA PNP devices [FAILED]
loading sound module[OK]
loading midi module[OK]

Well, all this is very strange and annoying, especially when all worked
alright yesterday.

Thank you in advance

Serge Yastrebilov

 
 
 

sound card problem

Post by Cyril BONT » Thu, 01 Jun 2000 04:00:00



> Hello,

> I have Mandrake 6.1 with 2.2.13-7mdk kernel.

> I have an Avance Logic sound card als-100+ which was
> recognised as a Sound Blaster card by the sound configuration tool
> and worked perfectly on my system

The driver for SB supports the als-100 ans als-100+ soundcards,
so it's ok.

Quote:

> Then all went wrong.

> On noticing that the sound became lower (for no reason) I decided to
> reinstall my card as I had already done with sndconfig
> It didn't work.

> Re-Installing with the sound configuration tool gives the following
> messages:

> Error isapnp

> /etc/isapnp.conf:230 --Fatal -resource conflict
> allocating 8 bytes of IO at 220 (see /etc/isapnp.conf)
> /etc/isapnp.conf:230 --Fatal -error occured executing request
> '<IORESCHECK>' --further action aborted

Can you send me your /etc/isapnp.conf and the list of all the modules
loaded by your system ?

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> I have also an Ensonic card which I tried too but it didn't work
> either.
> The card was recognised as Ensonic SoundScape
> but after trying to play a sound the following message appeared :

> Error modprobe

> /lib/modules/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/sscape.o :
> init_module: device is busy
> sound: device is busy

> The message "device is busy" I see also at Linux startup with Ensonic
> card is in the slot. Moreover, the same message comes up when
> there's no card at all in the slot.

> On startup, with no card in the slot, It runs:

> Setting up ISA PNP devices  [OK]
> loading sound module
> /lib/module/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/sb.o: init_module Device or resourse busy

> sound: Device or resourse bus                        [FAILED]
> loading midi module
> /lib/module/2.2.13-7mdk/misc/op13.o: init_module Device or resourse
> busy
> sound: Device or resourse bus                        [FAILED]

> But with the sound card the message is different:

> I
> Setting up ISA PNP devices [FAILED]
> loading sound module[OK]
> loading midi module[OK]

> Well, all this is very strange and annoying, especially when all
> worked
> alright yesterday.

> Thank you in advance

> Serge Yastrebilov

--
####--###-######-##--##---------------------------
 ##  ##     ##   ##  ## Cyril Bont
 ##   ##    ##    ####  17, rue du Moulin d'Olivet
 ##    ##   ##     ##   78550 Houdan -- FRANCE
####-###----##-----##-----------------------------
              web   : www.isty-info.uvsq.fr/~bonte

--------------------------------------------------