Xerox Wokcentre 450c device driver

Post by Steve Boyl » Tue, 19 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm looking for a Xerox Workcentre 450c device driver for Linux.
Does anyone know if one exists and where to get it if it does?
I'd really appreciate the help.

Steve
--
/*****************************************************
Steve Boyls

1. Device driver calling another device driver.

Hi.

I am having a problem writing a "meta-driver", ie one that is sandwiched
between the kernel and a real device driver. The platform I am using
consists of a Sun IPC, running SunOS 4.1.1.

My problem is that in attempting to use the OPEN(2V) system call from within
the "xxopen" routine of my metadriver (to open another device-driver (which
then opens the device)); OPEN(2V) "fails".

It appears that calling OPEN(2V) from within the kernel requires a different
calling sequence and argument list. Viz-a-viz: instead of a file descriptor
being returned by OPEN(2V), it seems a pointer is returned (which itself is
a pointer to something else).

Is this true? Is the OPEN(2V) syscall different for a process executing in
user address space, compared to the OPEN call executed by a process running
in kernel mode/address space?

If this is true for OPEN, what about CLOSE, READ, WRITE, etc? Unfortunately,
I don't have (easy) access to any Unix (source) code, to verify this.

Thanks in advance for help/advice.

2. Compiling Motif 2.0

3. Device driver question (generic device driver)

4. DragonLinux Problem

5. xerox docuprint - /dev/lp0 - no such device

6. Redhat 5.1 Printtool bug?

7. Driver for an old Xerox Laser Printer

8. shutdown hang from script

9. Canon/HP/Xerox printer drivers for dec alpha/OSF

10. driver xerox xd103f

11. Printer Driver for Xerox Fastpage 4

12. Any winprinter driver for Xerox DocuPrint P8 ?

13. Generic Xerox driver? (daydreaming)