3C905B-Tx on Dell OptiPlex Gx1 400Mtbrt

Post by Loh kok Je » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone successfully use the on-board 3C905B on Dell OptiPlex GX1 400Mtbrt
with Linux?  Linux 2.0.36 seems to complain about PCI.  Any pointer would
be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

regards,
KJ, Loh

3C905B-Tx on Dell OptiPlex Gx1 400Mtbrt

Post by tafer.. » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> Has anyone successfully use the on-board 3C905B on Dell OptiPlex GX1
> 400Mtbrt with Linux?  Linux 2.0.36 seems to complain about PCI.
> Any pointer would be very much appreciated.  Thanks.

I have this one running now. Did the following:

Download the latest 2.1.x kernel.

Upgrade the components of your Linux as specified in the
README (or Changes?) file that comes with the kernel sources.

Had to download the latest driver for the card which are
available here:
http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/vortex.html

(together with some info)

Unfortunately there are some settings of kernel parameters where
the card works and others where it don't. I cannot say which
to use, I am still trying to figure it out.

--Stefan

1. Problem with DHCP and 3C905B NIC on a Dell Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

Hi,
I have a problem trying to have an Dell Optiplex GX1 box with a 3C905B
adapter and Redhat 6.1 get an address from a DHCP server in my network.
After I set up everything, it won't get a address from the network. If
I try to start eth0 manually, I can see by issuing a netstat -nr that
it is really launching a broadcast to the network, but it doesn't go
further. It is incapable of getting an address from the server.
It is a problem with DHCP, because I put in a static IP address and
all the config stuff and eth0 starts correctly (I get connected to the
network). At the same time, the box has also a NT partition with DHCP
that works fine.
I think there must be a problem with the DHCP client. Any suggestion
(I am using kernel 2.2.14).
Thank you so much

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. problems with 3ware raid

3. Problems with DHCP on 3C905B NIC in a Del Optiplex GX1 with Redhat 6.1

4. mpi and Exec format error

5. 3Com 3C905B-TX (Cyclone) on Dell Dimension XPS-300 XFree86 problem

6. Autologout

7. Ethernet media rate negotiation on Dell OptiPlex GX1

8. batch tiff conversion

9. Crystal 4236B/DELL OptiPlex Gx1 sound card

10. Dell Optiplex GX, GX1, GN: anyone running linux/FreeBSD on them?

11. Compiling error for 3com Ethernet driver 3c90x on Dell Optiplex GX1

12. Jittering problem ATI Rage Pro/Dell Optiplex GX1

13. Dell Optiplex GX1 Sound under RH6 ?