Help! Jazz drive partition table hosed.

Post by Michael A. Howar » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

When reinstalling Linux after reconfiguring my main workstation I made
the mistake of using disk druid to do the partitioning (I normally use
fdisk).
It seems to have hosed the partition table on the Jazz disk I had
backed all my home directory stuff to.
fdisk says the disk hasn't been partition so I assume that disk druid
has only removed the parition table and the data itself is still on the
disk.
Can I recover from this?
I am looking for the best approach to take
should I use dd to do a sector copy to a file elswhere?
TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Help! Jazz drive partition table hosed

When reinstalling Linux after reconfiguring my main workstation I made
the mistake of using disk druid to do the partitioning (I normally use
fdisk).
It seems to have hosed the partition table on the Jazz disk I had
backed all my home directory stuff to.
fdisk says the disk hasn't been partition so I assume that disk druid
has only removed the parition table and the data itself is still on the
disk.
Can I recover from this?
I am looking for the best approach to take
should I use dd to do a sector copy to a file elswhere?
TIA

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. If, God forbid,...

3. Help! Jazz drive partition has been hosed.

4. Adding SCSI support on an existing system

5. Partition table hosed; recovering?

6. Setting Up linux As Novell Mail Server

7. RH 5.0 install freaks out drive partition table...now can't fdisk the drive!

8. Best Linux for installing upgrades

9. Help w/Install--"bad partition table" reported but drive is ok

10. Trashed Partition table / slice table HELP!

11. Help! jazz driver partition problem.

12. Help! Hosed my dos partition...

13. HD change: Partition info hosed..please help!