Modem Troubles

Post by Ralp » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:03:24

My standard external no name modem (FCC ID H52PT-3020) works well under NT4
SP6 but when I connect it to my Linux RH6 kernel 2.2.16 and run kppp to
connect to the internet I get the message that my modem is busy. What is
causing this? I'm trying to set up a firewall on my Linux box to allow my
NT4 and Win 95 computers to access the internet.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Ralph.

Modem Troubles

Post by Peter T. Breue » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 07:46:36

: My standard external no name modem (FCC ID H52PT-3020) works well under NT4
: SP6 but when I connect it to my Linux RH6 kernel 2.2.16 and run kppp to
: connect to the internet I get the message that my modem is busy. What is
: causing this? I'm trying to set up a firewall on my Linux box to allow my

Who would know? Use a proper diagnostic tool, not kppp. Read the
Serial-HOWTO for instructions. Chances are you are not talking to
the correct serial port.

Peter

1. modem trouble: USR 56K V.90 voice fax modem

Greetings,

Recently I purchased a U.S. Robotics 56 K voice/faxmodem and after a
week of labor it still doesn't work under linux. So far I have read the
serial-howto and the ppp-howto and neither have helped me in my pursuit.
Since linux doesn't like plug and play ...I manually jumpered the card
for IRQ 3 and COM 2. I then linked /dev/ttyS1 to /dev/modem but it
doesn't seem to help --linux still doesn't recognize my modem. So far I
have tried dialing out with seyon (I have yet to try minicom). Thank you
for your time and please reply at your convenience.

Regards,
Swamy

P.S. If possible please reply to both the group and me. Thanks again.

2. Solstice Resource Manager v1.3

3. modem trouble

4. AIX 4.1.x client/server versions

5. newb: Files Dependencies and Modem Trouble

6. filters in the printcap

7. Modem trouble

8. PcChips in Linux

9. modem trouble