Problems with ASUS A7V333

Post by Michael Elver » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 03:13:18

I'm using Debian Woody with Linux 2.4.19. Everytime I shift a large amount
of data from my harddisk, my mouse under xfree starts jumping from one
place to the other when I move it. Does anyone know I can make my mouse
stop jumping?

Regards,
Michael

Problems with ASUS A7V333

Post by ANT.. » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 05:43:29

> I'm using Debian Woody with Linux 2.4.19. Everytime I shift a large amount
> of data from my harddisk, my mouse under xfree starts jumping from one
> place to the other when I move it. Does anyone know I can make my mouse
> stop jumping?

Turn on DMA on your HDD. I had this problem too with Red Hat Linux v7.2.
Also, I had to upgrade to Kernel v2.4.20.
--
"I got this aunt... Carpenter ant." --Girl and Crow
  /\___/\

   \ _ /            Remove ANT if replying by e-mail from a newsgroup.
    ( )

Problems with ASUS A7V333

Post by Michael Elver » Sun, 08 Dec 2002 18:24:51

>> I'm using Debian Woody with Linux 2.4.19. Everytime I shift a large
>> amount of data from my harddisk, my mouse under xfree starts jumping from
>> one place to the other when I move it. Does anyone know I can make my
>> mouse stop jumping?

> Turn on DMA on your HDD. I had this problem too with Red Hat Linux v7.2.
> Also, I had to upgrade to Kernel v2.4.20.

How do I do that?

Problems with ASUS A7V333

Post by Paul Lutu » Mon, 09 Dec 2002 03:47:59

>>> I'm using Debian Woody with Linux 2.4.19. Everytime I shift a large
>>> amount of data from my harddisk, my mouse under xfree starts jumping from
>>> one place to the other when I move it. Does anyone know I can make my
>>> mouse stop jumping?

>> Turn on DMA on your HDD. I had this problem too with Red Hat Linux v7.2.
>> Also, I had to upgrade to Kernel v2.4.20.
> How do I do that?

# hdparm -d1 (device name)

--
Paul Lutus
www.arachnoid.com

1. Asus A7V333

Just purchased the ASUS A7V333 motherboard and am preparing to load Linux in
a dual boot with Windows 98 SE.

This board has its own Audio, IEEE-1394
(Firewire) connectivity and the Promise PDC20276 Raid controller for UDMA
/ATA 133 Raid operation.
I have seen a few posts of people who have
used these boards. To prepare the install,
I am doing the research to insure that the install will go as well as
possible. I have an older copy of Caldera Open Linux 2.3
which has the 2.2.10 kernal. What kind of problems or gotcha's am I in for
with respect to the Audio, motherboard chipset,
and RAID portions of this motherboard?

Does anyone have Linux operational with the RAID 0 operation?

Anyone have any comments with this configuration?

2. X-windows on Elite

3. Asus A7V333 mainboard compatible with Linux?

4. Help with Virtual (sub) domains

5. RAID1 array on Asus A7V333 appears as separate disks

6. Problem with htaccess, it works but..

7. Which RAM for Ultra-Stable Asus A7V333?

8. UUENCODE Format?

9. ASUS A7V333 mobo

10. raid+suse8+asus a7v333

11. Searching Driver for Promise MBFasttrak "Lite" RAID Controller on ASUS A7V333

12. Help with Asus A7V333-X Config

13. asus a7v333 & gkrellm