multiport serial PCI card

Post by ralf.naeg.. » Sun, 15 Jul 2001 00:34:41

I've got a multiport serial PCI card which states in the description
should work with Linux. Unfortunately I had until now no success. Only
two ports, the first two, are working (ttyS4 and ttyS5). It seems that
this card is compatible to AST FourPort cards since setserial shows this.
Looking in /proc/ioports and /proc/interrupts the card seems to be correct
initialized after I set the parameters with setserial for this
card. Maybe there are any options for the serial modul to set?

Helpless.

 Ralf Naegele

1. Multiport serial cards VS multiport USB hubs.

    I am considering starting up a small Internet Service Provider using a
Linux/Alpha based machine that has USB support. I was considering buying an
8 port serial card to hook up the dialin modems (haven't bought the modems
as yet). But the prices for multiport serial card hardware is quite
expensive compared to another alternative, multiport USB hubs.
Has anyone here setup up an ISP using USB hubs and USB modems?

2. Pls Help: trouble installing ghostview.3.5.8 on hpux10.20

3. Add support for Lava Octopus-550 PCI multiport serial card

4. Recommendation on a modem to use with Linux

5. VSCOM 800 PCI Multiport Serial Card

6. WinTV BTTV driver with NO SOUND

7. Problems with a Chase Research PCI-FAST 8 multiport serial card

8. Why doesnt Linux Crash?

9. EXSYS PCI Multiport serial card driver ???

10. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably uns upported card)

11. devfs + PCI serial card = no extra serial ports (probably unsupported card)

12. PCI Multiport serial board